Text: Daniel 2
The Sabbath Years
- Jerusalem is given over to Gentiles for the first time in 490 years.
- Leviticus 25:3-4 seventh year rule – year of the Sabbath
- That’s 70 x 7 – Matthew 18:22
God Addresses the man in charge – Nebuchadnezzar has a dream. He sees these Gentile kingdoms – Gentile means non-Jewish – he sees these Gentile kingdoms as ores or metals. Inanimate solids that have come out of the earth and been mined by men. Gold, Silver, Brass, Iron.
Luke 21:24 times of the Gentiles – the nations that rule Jerusalem outlined by Daniel
Babylon – Head of Gold
- Leviticus 26:2, 14, 18, 21, 23, 27-34. This is the covenant God made with Israel. Remember they agreed to the law so it was an eye for an eye. Not grace. He would have to show up with grace later in Jesus Christ. But God would exact the years from Israel in which they broke the sabbath.
- Jeremiah 25:8-11 prophesied Babylon’s rule
- Daniel 2:32, 38 – Gold
- Genesis 10:10, Asshur, Babel
- Shinar – Isaiah 23:13, 47:9-15, Genesis 11:1-9, Revelation 17, Daniel 1:2
- Historical part of your Bible
- 2 Kings 24-25 and
- 2 Chronicles 36:14-21 it was recorded in history
- Prophets who prophesy at this time are
Media-Persia – Arms of Silver
- Daniel 2:39 prophesied and fulfilled in Daniel 5:30-31
- Daniel 9:25: 7 of the 70 weeks will be fulfilled under Media-Persia; that is 49 years.
- Begins with the commandment to restore and rebuild the temple in troublous times
- Historical part of your Bible
- Ezra 1:1-2
- Prophets at this time
Greece – Belly of Brass
- Daniel 2:39 prophesied as well as Daniel 8:1-9, 20-21
- Greece is the power that Rome comes out of, but Rome is Greco-Roman
- Daniel 2:39 bear rule over all the earth. The world is a Greek world at the time of Christ.
- Acts 21:37 – Greek speaking, much of the New Testament written in Greek when it the letters were penned.
- Romans 1:16, 10:12
- Galatians 3:28
- Colossians 3:11
- Revelation 9:11
Assyria/Egypt – Legs of Iron
- Daniel 2:33, 40-41 – Iron – Psalm 2:8-9, Isaiah 10:5
- 2 legs – North & South
- Egypt – Deuteronomy 4:20, 1 Kings 8:51
- Daniel 7:7-8, 19-20, 23-25 – 10 horned beast
- Revelation 13:1-3. 7 heads:
- 5 Kings so far (Revelation 17:10)
- 2 Kings 15:19-20 – Pul
- 2 Kings 15:29, 16:5-9 – Tiglath Pileser
- 2 Kings 17:1-5 – Shalmaneser
- 2 Kings 18:13 – Sennacherib
- 2 Kings 19:37 – Esarhaddon
- Daniel 11 – King of the North and King of the South
- 3 kings of the north Daniel 11:15, 19-21, Revelation 17:10
- Isaiah 10 (Iron), 36-38
- Micah 5:5-7
- Nahum 1:13 for now…
Assyrian Confederacy – Toes of Iron and Clay
- Daniel 2:41 the potter’s clay has already been defined for you in Jeremiah 18-19
- Jeremiah 18 Jeremiah received the typology of the potter’s clay and prophecies to Judah’s leadership. They reject his words.
- Jeremiah 19 Jeremiah takes a clay bottle, prophecies again to Judah’s leadership but this time breaks the bottle Jeremiah 19:10-11. Toes – these kings
- Daniel 7:7-9
- Revelation 17:12, 15-18, Jeremiah 51:1-2
- Psalm 83:1-8
- Jeremiah 46-51
- Ezekiel 25-32 (32:23, 24, 25, 26, 27, etc… terrorism)
Kingdom of Christ – Celestial Stone
- Jesus Christ is the Rock of Ages
- The Stone is not Peter
- The Stone is Jesus Christ
- Numbers 20:8 Quenched physical thirst in the wilderness, but 1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
- Psalm 105:41, Deuteronomy 8:15
- Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence:
- Isaiah 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
- Deuteronomy 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.
- Psalms 18:31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
- 1 Peter 2:6-7 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
- Built his house on a rock
- Matthew 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.