Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | | More
Ministering spirits (Daniel 10:10-12, 18-19)
- Daniel 10:10-12 – this angel comes as a result of Daniel’s prayer
- Hebrews 1:14, Genesis 16:7, Matthew 4:11, Acts 12:7
- 1 Kings 19 – Elijah is ministered to with food, water, and rest
- Isaiah 37:33-36 – answer to prayer in the form of warfare
- Angels are NOT intermediaries
- People exalt them to have experiences with them, to pray to them, to worship them. Hebrews 1:1-4 warns against angelic worship.
- Colossians 2:18
- They can be ministering spirits, not intermediaries. Only Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh and the only mediator between God and man.
Heavenly host (Daniel 10:13)
- Angels are an heavenly host like mankind is an earthly host
- Created sometime before the earth was fashioned – Job 38:4-7
- The devil’s angels ceased being ministering spirits and began to exalt themselves as principalities and powers
- Fallen angels – Matthew 25:41, 1 Peter 3:18-22, 2 Peter 4:4,6
- Some fallen angels had offspring with women – Genesis 6:2-4 – Titans, mythology, Jude 1:6
- Principalities have regional authority and influence in the earth. Notice this prince of the kingdom of Persia withstands this angel for 21 days. Then Michael, the Archangel who is also the prince of Israel comes to help and is successful in subduing the influence of that wicked principality. So the angel that speaks with Daniel stays with the kings of Persia who would be Cyrus and Darius.
- Culture is the outward expression of the religious influences of the people
- Numbers 13:33 – giants were in the land corrupting the land when God sent Israel in to possess it
- Ephesians 6:11-12 – wrestle not against flesh and blood because the temptations that draw us away from the Lord are cultural and influenced by these principalities and powers.
Physical appearance of angels (Daniel 10:16, 18)
- When they appear, they appear like men – Genesis 18:1-8
- No wings – angels never have wings in the Bible. They just look like men.
- Aren’t subject to physical limitations
Heavenly weather report (Daniel 10:14, 20-21)
- Weatherman studies the influences in the atmosphere to describe the physical conditions on the earth in a certain place.
- Daniel is about to get a spiritual weather report. Gabriel will describe the principalities in the heavens that will influence the conditions on the earth in a particular area.
What the Lord is doing with the body of Christ
- With Israel he is restoring the earth, with the bride of Christ, he is restoring the heavenlies
- Ephesians 3:8-13 – putting his wisdom on display. Controversy of wisdom between God and the devil.
- Colossians 2:13-15
- 1 Corinthians 6:1-4 – judgment of fallen angelic host
- He tells Israel thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. He doesn’t tell them to set their affection on things above. He only tells you and I that.
- 1 Corinthians 15:49
- Ephesians 2:6
- 2 Timothy 4:18