Text: Romans 12:3
God in many ways acts like a mirror. When he says he’s given to every man according to the measure of faith he is talking about meting something out according to a man’s faith. Faith is the measuring stick.
- Matthew 7:1-2
- Deuteronomy 25:13-16, you must use a “just measure”
- Romans 2:1-4, you probably do the same things that you accuse others of.
- Romans 14:10-13 Don’t judge people, judge the things they do.
- If you want to be judged by the truth then let that be the measure that ye mete.
- Luke 6:38
- The Lord says that with whatever measuring cup you use to do your giving, the same will be used when he returns it back to you. Measure out your giving with a thimble and he will measure back to you using the same measure. He also will increase, “good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over”. Would you rather have a running over thimble or a running over fifty five gallon drum? The choice is yours.
- Revelation 8:4-6
- Intercession – Here are examples of men who prayed for others, even if they weren’t their friends, even if they were those who were hard to deal with:
- Genesis 20:7, 17 – Abraham prayed for Abimelech, a heathen king, and God healed him and his wife.
- Numbers 11:2 – Moses prayed for the Jews in the wilderness and God quenched the fire.
- Numbers 21:7 – Moses prayed for the Jews when they were getting bit by the fiery serpents.
- Deuteronomy 9:20, 26 – Moses prayed for his brother and for the Jews so that God would not destroy them.
- Job 42:7 – Job prayed for his “friends.”
- Job 7:17-21 – Job prayed for himself and confessed everything he knew, but he still was not released from his captivity. He finally “got a hold of God” when he prayed for others in Job 42.
- John 17:9, 15, 20 – At the hour of Jesus’ most intense agony, he prayed very little for himself; rather he prayed for “others.”
- apply thine heart, attend (pay attention)
- Proverbs 2:1-9 Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding take some effort on your part.
- 2 Samuel 22:26-28
- Titus 1:15
- knowledge of good and evil – can you imagine a world where people only knew what was good and holy.
- Mark 4:24 …unto you that hear shall more be given…
- With what measure you “hear” his word; the same will be measured to you. Are you not getting much from God through your Bible reading? You are being measured back according to what you have put in.
- Matthew 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
- Romansl 12:3