Text: 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Rudyard Kipling $100 word. “Thanks” – His words calculated out to $100 a word. Reporter said, Give me one of your $100 words – “Thanks”
- Thank you to military because when you get down to it you and I want to deserve the sacrifice and the problem is we know we can’t and don’t
- Acts 5:40-41
- You’d never tell a mother of a fallen soldier, I’m glad he was there because I deserve that sacrifice.
It’s RIGHT to Thank God
- What’s God’s will for my life?
- We can make the will of God such a complicated thing and miss the very plain will of God right before our eyes.
- men are happier doing God’s will than not
- I’m a better employee when I’m thankful
- I’m a better husband when I’m thankful
- Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
- James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect give is from above
- Some Basic things to be thankful for
- You got to come to church freely. A Bible believing church where God’s words are ministered.
- You had a good meal this morning
- You have clothes on your back tonight
- You opened your Bible w/o the threat of death tonight
- The spiritual blessings in Christ
It’s REASONABLE to Thank God
- It makes sense and anyone can do it
- He gives the gifts and we give the thanks
- If anyone can, why don’t we?
- What if God only answered prayers that you’d be thankful for?
- answered and unanswered prayers
- Answered Prayers
- By prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING
- Psalms 118:1, 29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
- VICTORY-2 Chronicles 20:20 Jehoshaphat’s singers gain the victory
- FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT – 2 Chronicles 5:6-14 Solomon gives thanks and God’s glory fills the temple
- be filled with the Spirit
- Laden with the peculiar notion that Paul was THANKFUL for some things
It’s RARE to Thank God
- You don’t have to be anything special to be ungrateful
- Lost art of “Thank You” cards
- Gratitude is rare
- Ten Lepers in Luke 17:13-18
- The disease of Ingrates (Romans 1:21-31)
- the Lord is apparently holding their minds in his hand
- reprobate is to reject
- ingratitude causes brain damage
- 2 Timothy 3:2 – ingrates in the end times
- the woman who doesn’t believe in making such a fuss about her religion
- Come to the altar and be thankful
- Then go out and really be thankful to a lost world as David said in Psalms 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
- It serves to strengthen for endurance and exertion. We all know how much more easily and effectively they work who work cheerfully; and the very nutrient of cheerfulness is found in thankfulness