Text: 1 Corinthians 4:1
Seven or eight mysteries, depending how they are divided up. You will see the animosity and warfare against the revealed wisdom that was given to Paul and the apostles. You can see Paul’s stewardship as these mysteries brought on him persecution, beatings, and disdain from the Jews and the world.
Mystery of Israel’s Blindness (Romans 11:25)
- It was God’s plan to include Gentiles in His redemptive work and the Lord used Israel’s rejection of Himself to turn to the Gentiles.
- That was not known beforehand to anyone including Israel.
- The purpose of revealing that mystery is twofold.
- to show that God is not done with Israel – blindness in part
- to keep the Gentiles humble knowing that if God was willing to cut off his own people for being disobedient he will certainly cut off a bunch of Gentile dogs for being disobedient. See 11:19-22
- Don’t boast against the branches because you’re only branches as well – wild branches. You’re all still a part of the same root.
- Covenant Theology is anti semitism with Bible verses. It is a positive way of
- Antisemitism is a characteristic of the unclean spirit, prince of the power of the air, that works in the children of disobedience.
Mystery of the Rapture (1 Corinthians 15:49-56)
- It is really a description of the physical changes that will occur when we receive glorified bodies and go up.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
- Some say the catching away or the rapture is a weird doctrine. It is and so are a lot of other things.
- The type given in Genesis 5:24
Mystery of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 3:3-6, 5:30-32)
- fellow heirs
- same body
- partakers of his promise in Christ
- by my gospel
- Joining together as in marriage
Mystery of the Gospel (Ephesians 6:19-20)
- 2 Corinthians 4:2-4
Mystery of Indwelling Christ (Colossians 1:24-29)
- Very important because it deals with your hope
- Warning and teaching
- When a Christian is seduced away from Biblical doctrine he becomes hopeless.
Mystery of Iniquity (2 Thessalonians 2:7)
- 1 Thessalonians dealt generally with the hope in you and how to live according to that hope in you, 2 Thessalonians reaffirms the hope and the comforts associated with that hope.
- Israel today will not tolerate a ruler over them who is not an Israelite. The tribulation will commence when they ask an Assyrian to be their king.
- They say peace and safety when they ought to know that the nation must now experience the time of Jacob’s trouble.
- 1 Samuel 8:5, 7, 18
Mystery of Godliness. (1 Timothy 3:16)
- God was manifest in the flesh
- Hebrews 10:5, 10, Philippians 2:6-8
Mystery of Fallen Babylon (Revelation 17:1-5)
- Infrastructure and system and movement of the world is simply Babylonian idolatry.
- Tower of Babel and the queen mother