Text: Romans 5:1-11
The results of a soul being justified by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are many. Paul outlines some of the most foundational things in Romans 5 here.
Peace with God
- People these days pay millions of dollars in order to get peace. A good night’s rest. An end to the chaos in the imagination. There is an entire industry of medicine, biochemistry, and pharmaceuticals dedicated to numbing the heart and mind because of the lack of peace.
Access into Grace
- Grace is a part of every aspect of the Christian life.
- You need grace because serving God is torment to your flesh and you’re going to need help with that.
- We come to pray for folks on Wednesday night because we have access into this grace.
- Hebrews 4:14-16 – throne of grace
- When you and I have a need it means grace becomes necessary.
Rejoice in Hope
- Hope is a powerful word.
- Hope deferred maketh the heart sick says the Proverb.
- The lack of hope can crush a soul. Suicide is lost hope.
- The presence of hope can sustain a soul even if there is no real salvation in sight. Story of “Unbroken” Louie Zamperini
- 5:3-5 Think about something. Every valley you’ve had as a Christian has made you a better Christian – If you’ll let it. Being justified means God is redeeming the valleys in your life to your benefit.
Saved from wrath
- Removed from danger to a place of safety
Reconciled to God
- Eliminate enmity, bring about friendship
- Colossians 1:20
- Ministry – 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Another application here is our service for God. The simple fact of the matter is if you can point someone in the direction of the Lord Jesus Christ and help them identify the obstacles that stand between them and him, you have done the work God has called you to do.
- Atonement is the transfer of guilt
- Leviticus 4:20, 26, 31, 35
- Notice the forgiveness
- This is the only time in the New Testament this word occurs.
- Unlimited atonement: died for all
Now that you’ve been given these blessings Christian, what are you doing with them?