Text: Proverbs 11:30
If you and I believe there is a literal hell and a literal heaven, then there are real eternal consequences. Most of us probably are in the category of we believe that, but we don’t really care.
Wisdom is what stands between a lost soul and soul that has been won. That does not mean that if you’re wise enough and smart enough then you can convince anyone to get saved. But if someone is going to get saved it is going to be because of a wise soul winner. Fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; not just a fruit, but a tree.
Immediately after you get saved the first thing that happens is you want to tell someone. You aren’t schooled in all the doctrine. You haven’t read through the Bible. But something inside you now wants to come out. Some of us unfortunately are so far from that time you no longer have any desire to see others get saved.
Let’s look at the things that make for a wise soul winner. What makes a soul winner wise?
He understands you don’t find the right sinner
- A sower went forth to sow; he didn’t check the soil first.
- Fear is often the excuse for not preaching to others. Because they don’t look like the right sinner.
He understands you don’t become responsible at the point of surrender, but at the point of command
He prepares the heart of the hearer by good works
- Find common interest
- Let them tell you about them
- Volunteer to help them with something they need help with
- Be hospitable. Invite them over
He diligently prays for the lost he has contact with
- soweth in tears…
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4
He understands if you do it, God will refine it
- Willing heart is more valuable than a perfect method
- God can steer the car that’s moving. He can’t steer the car that’s dead.
He pursues open doors
He prays for open doors
- Ephesians 6:19
- Colossians 4:3
He loves God and loves people
- Opening your mouth for the Lord is a matter of you loving the Lord Jesus Christ.