Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in HEART shall see God. In order to see right, your heart must be right. Your heart affects how you perceive things.
- A liar isn’t a liar because he tells lies. He tells lies because he is a liar. And a liar sees the world through a liar’s eyes.
- A thief isn’t a thief because he steals. He steals because he’s a thief. And a thief sees the world through a thief’s eyes.
- The wicked flee when no man pursueth. Why? Because he sees things through a wicked man’s eyes.
Every mans’ ways are right in his own eyes. Marybeth’s sign, “I’m not bossy, I just have better ideas.” What we really need is God’s perspective on things.
This world is upside down; some of our lives are broken, marriages broken because we did things our way and failed to do them God’s way. Let’s look at the mind of the Creator for a moment and see how vastly different it is from our own thinking.
The way up is down (Mark 10:42-45)
- The best preparation for leadership is service.
- The world says go for it, get all you can, can all you get. It’s all about you. Don’t let anyone tell you what to do.
- Secondly, in leadership you shouldn’t ever ask someone to do something that you aren’t willing to do. See Mark 10:45. Jesus Christ is leading by example.
- Jesus Christ is preparing a ruling class for when He returns.
Death of Saints is Precious (Psalms 116:15)
- What we consider the worst case scenario is best case scenario to God. Why? Sin is ended in that person’s life. God’s view is eternal and He’s already told you this life is but a vapor.
God’s priority is fellowship through a greater revelation of Himself
- Your view of God determines almost everything about who you are and the decisions you make.
- We assign priorities to God. He needs to fix this or He shouldn’t have let this happen. Can I shock you with something? God’s priority is not that you feel better. He priority is not even your healing. His priority is that you grow closer to Him as He reveals Himself to you.
- Job 1:6-8, 21 Satan is looking for prey and God suggests Job. Verse 21 says God takes away. The end of Job, God gives Job all his stuff back and doubles it, Job 42:9-17. But God always had the power to restore the “STUFF” Job lost. But the whole point of that ultimate drama was Job 42:5, I have heard of thee, but now mine eye seeth thee. God revealed more of himself to Job.
- Ever thought about how God uses tears? So we don’t get too comfortable In a sinful world. To equip you to help someone else – it really isn’t all about you or me. It also helps you identify with God. He stretched out his arm all day long to a rebellious people.
Surrender is Victory (James 4:10)
- Most struggles or pressures or weights we carry are a matter of us holding onto something and not giving it to the Lord. Where God’s will meets our will is where the fight is.
Strength of Weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- Strength of strength
- Weakness of strength
- Weakness of weakness
- Strength of weakness
No pleasure in the death of the wicked (Ezekiel 33:11)
- How many of you love to watch the movies where the bad guy gets it in the end? Don’t you relish that moment?! Ezekiel 33:11. This idea of God bleeds into our relationship with God. Even Christians have this guilt complex where they think God is waiting to thump them.
Death of the flesh is the life of the soul (John 12:24)
- Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
- 1 Corinthians 15. Seed planted in death and sprouts in new life. Preach the gospel here.