Text: Ephesians 3:20-21
Scope of God’s ability
- Victorious redemption
- Philippians 3:21
- Man at his best state is altogether vanity. His solutions are temporary. His ideas are feeble and flawed.
- O death where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory?
- Safe haven of rest
- 2 Timothy 1:12
- Keep that which I’ve committed Paul said. Means I’m fully trusting Jesus Christ for the future, so I’m giving him everything I have now.
- I’m glad He does the keeping and not me
- Salvation is not maintained by our holding onto God, but His holding on to us
- People say it is impossible to know where you are going when you die. A self righteous sinner often thinks it is arrogant to make such a declaration. The truth is just the opposite though. The only reason I know where I’m going when I die is because of what Jesus Christ did.
- A God who loses things?
- Security is a motivation to work
- ILLUSTRATION: Golden Gate Bridge, 23 died before a net installed, afterwards there were no more falling deaths and at least 10 men were caught by the net, and 25% more work was accomplished
- Two mormons talking said, well we HOPE to see you in Heaven, I said, that’s up to you cause I’m a goin’
- Faithful friend
- Hebrews 2:18
- No man knows how bad he is until he has tried to resist temptation.
- And it’s at that time when that evil is present with you that Jesus Christ is also present.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- Time has revealed who my friends are.
- Time has revealed what kind of friend I am
- Time has also revealed what kind of friend He is!
- Sure deliverance
- Hebrews 7:25
- ILLUSTRATION: The thief had nails in his hands so he couldn’t work for Jesus Christ, and nails in his feet so he couldn’t go where the Lord wanted him to go. He could not lift hand or foot for the Lord, but the Lord said today thou shalt be with me in paradise.
- We all know and say God can do anything. We all know that the Lord has all power. Yet, we are still surprised when He works outside of our box.
- Surprise of answered prayer
- Surprise of his work in obedience
- Matthew 12:42 – 1 Kings 10:1-8 the half was not told me
Strength from His ability
- Then comes the convicting part of this verse – that worketh in you. That power is not a remote power, but a very personal power.
- You and I draw strength from His ability. Every step of obedience is met with these three words, He is able. He is able.
- Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God. – William Carey, cobbler turned missionary to India.
- Hebrews 11 speaks of ordinary people whose trust in God made them extraordinary.