Preached by Allan Hons
WHAT IS YOUR ALTAR OF CONVENIENCE?
- Deuteronomy 18:10
- 2 Kings 16:3
- 2 Kings 17:17
- 2 Chronicles 33:6
- Jeremiah 32:35
- Ezekiel 20:26
- Ezekiel 20:31
- Ezekiel 23:37
Convenience in Compromise
Not going to bible study or church because you would miss your favorite TV show or sports event on TV or just tired or lazy. Not going door knocking because of fear, these reasons or others. what about, Covetousness, Idolatry. 1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. Not going to visit the elderly, have to take a nap, go fishing, or shopping.
We can all come up with reasons not to do certain things for the Lord, we should be coming up with reasons why we should be doing them. I heard it best put by Dr. Peter Ruckman war is God’s judgment on sin here and hell is God’s judgment on sin in the hereafter.
Convenience in Murder
The total number of military and civilian casualties in World War I was more than 38 million: there were over 17 million deaths and 20 million wounded, ranking it among the deadliest conflicts in human history, as of that time.The total number of deaths includes about 11 million military personnel and about 7 million civilians.
Over 60 million people were killed, in WWII which was about 3% of the 1940 world population (est. 2.3 billion). World War II fatality statistics vary, with estimates of total dead ranging from 50 million to more than 80 million.
I want to preface the subject of abortion with this statement, if it applies to you remember Jesus Christ died for all sin, and if your saved you have been forgiven, and if your not saved He died for all your sins as well, but you need to repent and be saved, and receive the free gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23 and Ephesians 2:8,9, and receive Him as your Lord and Saviour. remember that and live each day for Him and serve Him. I should put men in this statement also, because I would assume many are done because of the men pushing the women into it.
Cost of Convenience
- In 2011, 1.06 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from 1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred in the U.S. (AGI).
- There have been many well known people who are in favor of giving the mother 30 days after birth (time) to decide if they want to keep the child or abort (kill) the baby. We have a picture of our grandson still in his moms womb at 9 weeks, and he looks and has all the parts of a complete baby.
- Mississippi had the lowest abortion rate in 2011 (Wyoming had too few abortions for reliable tabulation), and New York had the highest (AGI). There were approximately 17.5 births for every abortion in Mississippi and approximately 2.3 births for every abortion in New York. Killing 1out of 3 babies.
- Abortions in us this year so far 346,035
- Abortions this year from rape or incest 3,356 not even 1% of total abortion, yet they always use that as an excuse for baby murder. Isn’t it funny all the people in favor of abortion are already born.
- US since Roe vs Wade in 1973 – 58,932,298
- Worldwide since 1980, 1,412,696,054 currently, Worldwide it is one per second. Comparing that to wars, wars have been a drop in the bucket.
- The Pharmacists for Life organization estimates that their have been approximately 250 million babies aborted chemically since 1973 in the USA: http://www.pfli.org/
- Nick Patterson of Alabama sentenced to 99 years for animal cruelty, minimum of 18 years before parole. I have heard of people serving less than that for murder. 57 people have been jailed for animal cruelty in the UK. And we kill innocent babies at the altar of convenience, in their mother’s womb, that should be the safest place for a baby.
Don’t get me wrong, I like animals, I have lots of them and do not advocate cruelty to them by any means. But we in this country and the world have lost our moral compass. These things shows the depravity of man and the way that sin takes its course. Ro 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
A question for us all, should we be living like Jesus is coming tomorrow? Too often I think we live like we think eternal life is here on earth.