Text: 1 Corinthians 10:31-33
Godliness is one of those characteristics that is ubiquitous. It is not limited in its application. It has value in all situations, wherever you are and whoever you are with.
Godliness is beneficial in every aspect of life
- Notice the immediate and eternal benefit of godliness – 1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
- It doesn’t undervalue nor overvalue this life.
- Notice the example Paul gives of eating and drinking.
- Godliness puts this life in proper perspective to eternity. Seek ye first the kingdom of God.
- Godliness makes every circumstance an opportunity for your good.
- Godliness allows the Christian to enjoy God in every circumstance.
- Godliness frees you from the cares and fears that hinder ungodly lives.
- It is man’s chief purpose (Revelation 4:11) therefore man is at his best when he is glorifying God.
- Hammer instead of a screwdriver.
Godliness is beneficial with every people
- Luke 17:1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
- Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
- Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
- You sear someone’s conscience by tying it up with false doctrine or loosing their conscience from things they should be convicted about.
- Pharisees created offences for the Jews
- Mark 7:10-13
- Romans 9:30-33
- Jewish disobedience caused Gentiles to stumble in Romans 2:24
- 1 Timothy 6:1
- Titus 2:5
- Church of God
- 1 Timothy 1:20
- 1 Timothy 4:3-4
Godliness is beneficial to God’s plan
- Paul preached at Iconium and was stoned there and left for dead (Acts 14:19) and then returned there to comfort the Christians there (Acts 14:21-22).