Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Make few decisions and you’ll make few mistakes. Not indecisive, but 95% of my choices are made for me by God in His words
- Quick Decisions – Reflexes, boil down to training and practice.
- Daily Decisions – You made a decision to come here.
- Character & Decisions – Definition of character.
- Consequences & Decisions – We do what we want, but don’t get what we want.
- Lot had to live with the decisions he made
- Moses faith made of choices and the following shows you how Moses made his faithful choices.
Learn to say “No” (vs 24)
- refused to be called
- A lot of us are in the position we’re in because we didn’t say “No”
- Financial mess because we won’t say no
- Relationship mess because we won’t say no
- Addiction because we won’t say no
- Make it quick! Don’t drag it out. Yea be yea, nay be nay.
- A bad decision is easier to make the 2nd time around
- What I like about “No” is that it’s the end of the conversation.
Don’t let your feelings be your guide (vs 25)
- Right choice/Hard choice – The right choice is almost always the harder choice
- Sin is enjoyable…. for a time, but back loaded with consequence
- Right decision is hard, but back loaded with reward
- Follow your feelings and:
- You’ll never read your Bible because it’s boring.
- You’ll never pray because it’s a waste of time.
- You’ll stop listening to preaching because the preacher is always talking about you.
- Sometimes it’s not just a choice of good vs evil, sometimes the choice is suffering vs evil.
- A guy that follows his feelings hasn’t displayed any character because he’s never made any tough decisions.
- Ethics – You need to make some decisions before the time comes to make the decision. That’s called “ethics”.
- It isn’t wrong to feel that way. But to continue to be that way will be wrong.
- My feelings are so strong, how do I get control of them?
- I can’t stop feeling this way. You don’t have to stop feeling anything. You get control by ignoring your feelings and doing what’s right. Now, you’re in control of your emotions.
- It’s not that Moses didn’t have feelings toward Egypt, it’s not that Moses didn’t enjoy Egypt, but he chose rather…
Put a value on Christ’s reproach (vs 26)
- It’s one thing to talk about God. Not too many people object to saying God, but the Lord Jesus Christ is another story.
- We have failed to put a value on Jesus Christ. Instead we are afraid of his name in public.
- Moses may not have known he’d be leading Israel out of Egypt and through the wilderness to the promised land at this time, but he did know that God wasn’t in Egypt.
- Make God happy
- You were put here to put a smile on God’s face
Make eternal decisions (vs 26)
- Prudence – in the Bible
- Proverbs 27:12 – The ability to weigh a decision by its future consequence and not by the moment
- Probably 3/4th, maybe more, of people’s problems are the result of decisions made without prudence. No forward look.
- Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of morning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the END of all men; and the living will lay it to heart. Think ahead. Consider the end, not the present.
- Don’t sacrifice the eternal on the altar of the immediate.