Text: 1 Corinthians 12:4-7
God’s work as the Trinity
- Different and the same
- The Trinity in the Spirit, Lord, and God. Paul describes an organizational structure where gifts would be individual jobs, administrations would be management, and operations would be executive level which sets policy and direction for the company.
- The same Spirit is important because in the charismatic and “full gospel” denominations they say the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are not the same though they are.
- It is God’s work
God’s spiritual gifts packaged in the truth
- All of God’s gifts are packaged in truth so that a soul must receive the truth.
- Romans 1:11
- 1 Timothy 4:14
- The transaction that must take place is that you accept the truth that God is telling you and then receive the benefit of that truth.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
- Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
- Accept the truth and receive the benefit from God as Paul says in Galatians 3:22
God’s spiritual gifts are not taken back
- Romans 11:29
- That means you’re responsible for what God’s given you.
God’s spiritual gifts are measured out by grace through faith
- Romans 12:6
- Measure of faith (Romans 12:3)
- Bring a teaspoon and He’ll fill your teaspoon. Bring a dump truck and He’ll fill your truck.
- Meted according to your measure.
God’s spiritual gifts can be neglected
- 1 Timothy 4:14
God’s spiritual gifts need to be exercised
- 2 Timothy 1:6
God’s spiritual gifts given to benefit the body
- 1 Peter 4:10 – Gifts are not ends in themselves.
- Outer working of the Holy Spirit given so others would benefit. Fruit of the spirit given that you would benefit.
- It’s how you’re connected to the body. 1 Corinthians 12:18
- It’s how you channel God’s blessing
- Your gift is how the Lord will fill and empty you. Romans 12:6. It is how you are connected to the body.