Text: Proverbs 30:24-28
Some of you have been exhausted. Some of you probably are exhausted. Strength is what you need. But strength can be achieved by wisdom. Ecclesiastes 7:19 Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city. Ecclesiastes 9:15 Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man.
These creatures are little yet exceeding wise. And their success is due to the wisdom God has given them.
Strength through Preparation
- People not strong. It’s amazing the damage a kid can do to an anthill.
- Wisdom is often found in the preliminary acts, the preparations that are made
- Proverbs 6:8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
- Send forth laborers. Laborers may not be extremely talented, but what they have is the ability to work. God sends forth laborers because they have the ability to work.
- It reminds me of a church that takes God’s invitation to sinners seriously and makes preparation to minister to souls
- Prepare for what you know will happen.
- Prepare for the Lord to work.
Strength through Weakness
- Conies are like rabbits
- Recognizing weaknesses
- Revelation 3 and the Laodicean church
- Not recognizing and admitting your own weakness makes you vulnerable.
- Surround themselves with strength
- Hide themselves in the Rock!
Strength through Sticking Together
- Their strength is in surrounding themselves with others like them.
- The strength of the locusts is that they know their place is among other locusts.
- There is incredible value in knowing how the Lord uses you in a congregation of believers.
- Ephesians 2:19-22 – Built upon Jesus Christ
- foundation of the apostles and prophets
- each stone that is added to that building is a lively stone (1 Peter 2:5)
- In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: (Ephesians 2:21)
- In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:22)
- Stick together!
Strength in Persistence
- Looking through the grand embroidery, the wonderful architecture of the palace, the exquisite and costly vessels, but none of that is what is to be considered. Not the grand surroundings of the palace, but the spider taketh hold with her hands and is in palaces
- Seeming insignificance is no excuse for inactivity
- Prodigal’s dad. Just staying still.
- Endurance in 2 Timothy: hardness, afflictions, all things, sound doctrine
- Be like a postage stamp, stick to it until you get there.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.