Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | | More
- Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in HEART shall see God. In order to see right, your heart must be right. Your heart affects how you perceive things.
- A liar isn’t a liar because he tells lies. He tells lies because he is a liar. And a liar sees the world through a liar’s eyes.
- A thief isn’t a thief because he steals. He steals because he’s a thief. And a thief sees the world through a thief’s eyes.
- The wicked flee when no man pursueth. Why? Because he sees things through a wicked man’s eyes.
- I have friends whose Christianity consists of listening to Joel Osteen. They say they love his positiveness: all the talk about blessings, being a good person, and how good things happen to good people. That is the world’s definition of Christianity.
- This world is upside down; some of our lives are broken, marriages broken because we did things our way and failed to do them God’s way. Let’s look at the mind of the Creator for a moment and see how vastly different it is from our own thinking.
- The Lamb defeats the beast (Revelation 17:12-14)
- The way up is down (Mark 10:42-45)
- Crucified, yet I live (Galatians 2:20)
- Resurrection power (Philippians 3:8-11)
- God’s priority is fellowship through a greater revelation of Himself
- Your view of God determines almost everything about who you are and the decisions you make.
- We assign priorities to God. He needs to fix this or He shouldn’t have let this happen. God’s priority is not that you feel better. His priority is not even your healing. His priority is that you grow closer to Him as He reveals Himself to you.
- Job 1:6-8, 21 Satan is looking for prey and God suggests Job. Verse 21 says God takes away. The end of Job, God gives Job all his stuff back and doubles it, Job 42:9-17. But God always had the power to restore the “STUFF” Job lost. But the whole point of that ultimate drama was Job 42:5, I have heard of thee, but now mine eye seeth thee. God revealed more of himself to Job.
- Surrender is victory (James 4:10)
- Most struggles or pressures or weights we carry are a matter of us holding onto something and not giving it to the Lord. Where God’s will meets our will is where the fight is.
- One bad thing about God using sinners to do his work is that he’s using sinners to do his work. The upside is that when a sinner does, says, or displays something that resembles Jesus Christ, it must be credited to the Holy Spirit of God working through that sinner.
- Strength of weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- Death of the flesh is the life of the soul (John 12:24)
- Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
- If I’m going to ask you to give up on the course of this world now, you know there is something inexplicably greater in the future.
- Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.