Revelation 15 shows you what’s going on in heaven right before the last plagues that I believe happen after the great tribulation. Why after? Remember the great tribulation is Jacob’s trouble; it is the 70 weeks that were determined on Israel. At this point, I believe those 70 weeks have been accomplished with the devil himself working through the antichrist for 42 months. Now, the plagues are directed at the world, not Israel. Seven angels have these plagues and when each plague comes, it comes with the wrath of God contained in vials that angels pour out in Chapter 16.
Sign in heaven
- This chapter and the next describes the sign John sees in heaven. It is seven priestly looking angels coming out of the temple with the seven vials of the last plagues of God.
- This sign shows the full and entire wrath of God.
Sea of glass
- This sea of glass matches Revelation 4:6 where God’s throne sits.
- Psalm 148:1-4 the three tiers of the heavens separated by waters
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 – we look through a glass darkly
- This sea of glass is mingled with fire indicating the fiery wrath of God issuing forth from the throne.
- Daniel 7:9-10
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8
- Standing on this sea of glass are those that had gotten the victory over:
- The beast – Revelation 13:4, 12 – they refused to have any other gods before them
- His image – Revelation 13:15 – they refused to commit idolatry
- His mark – Revelation 13:16 – they loved not their lives unto death
- The number of his name – Revelation 13:17-18 – they had wisdom to count his number while the rest of the world did not
- Their victory is not what the world would call a victory. They had to lose their lives to have the victory (Revelation 6:9-11 and 12:11) but if they had attempted to save their lives they would have been lost (Mark 8:35).
- The Lamb defeats the beast (Revelation 17:12-14)
- The way up is down (Mark 10:42-45)
- Crucified, yet I live (Galatians 2:20)
- Resurrection power (Philippians 3:8-11)
- Death of the flesh is the life of the soul (John 12:24) – Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Songs of Moses and the Lamb
- Deuteronomy 32:1-43 is the song of Moses. It tells the story of Israel, the nations, and God’s judgment. It was associated with the Law just as these saints are.
- Revelation 5:12-13, 15:3-4 is the song of the Lamb. These saints are not only associated with the Law of Moses, but also with the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- King of saints
- 1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
- Temple of tabernacle of testimony opened.
- Dressed like the Lord Jesus Christ in Revelation 1:13 who is dressed as the High Priest
- Exodus 28:3-4 And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron’s garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest’s office. 4 And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest’s office.
- Heaven’s Blueprint – Hebrews 8:1-5, Exodus 25:40
- Priests Responsibilities are same as Angels – Candlestick (Revelation 1:10-12, 20, 2:1, Numbers 8:1-4), altar of incense (Revelation 8:3, Exodus 30:1-8, Exodus 40:4-5), Trumpets (Revelation 8:2, Numbers 10:1-8 and Joshua 6:5, 20)
- Priests and Levites are the earthly representation of angels (Hebrews 1:14, Numbers 1:50, 3:6-10, Exodus 28)
- Priests Administer over the wages of sin – Romans 6:23
- Leviticus 1 – Israel understood directly that there was a cost associated with sin and that cost was death. The priests executed that administration.
- Angels administer the wages of sin in Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 18:1-2, 20-22, 19:1, 12-13
- David’s sin – 2 Samuel 24:10-17
- The vials make me think of a lab where hazardous chemicals would be mixed. Each vial with a skull and crossbones identifying it as deadly. These don’t have that, but it is evident to John that these are plagues.
- The vials also make me think of how small a virus or a germ is yet infects multitudes of people. Proverbs 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
- The 70 weeks determined on Israel are done and now God is pouring out his wrath on the world to make a clean end of it. See Daniel 12:11-12.
Smoke of His glory
- Like Exodus 40:34-35 and 1 Kings 8:10-11 – and the Lord’s glory and power prevented anyone from entering the temple until the seven plagues were fulfilled