Text: Ephesians 5:20
Growth in Gratitude
- Thankful for provisions
- Thankful for promises
- Thankful for power
- Thankful for problems
Guarantees of Gratitude
- Paul is always grateful and always seems to be in trouble.
- The trouble makes us think what in the world do I have to be thankful for?
- In everything give thanks
- Psalm 68:19 daily loadeth us with benefits
- Sarah illustration
- Trouble doesn’t change that. For every trouble there are ten blessings you and I haven’t thanked God for.
- Paul said I reckon the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
- James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
- Anything that has any value in your life came from God. Either He gave it to you or gave you the ability to get it and the ability to enjoy it.
- You don’t have to be anything special to be ungrateful
- Lost art of “Thank You” cards
- Ten Lepers in Luke 17:13-18
- The disease of ingrates (Romans 1:21-31)
- 2 Timothy 3:2 – ingrates in the end times
Glory of Gratitude
- Sanctifies the vessel
- Filled with the spirit – 2 Chronicles 5:6-14 Solomon gives thanks and God’s glory fills the temple
- Everything meant to be eaten if eaten with thanksgiving because its sanctified with word of God and prayer
- Secures God’s blessing
- The will of God – makes God happy
- Prayer with thanksgiving and the peace of God that passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
- Victory – 2 Chronicles 20:20 Jehoshaphat’s singers gain the victory