Text: Revelation 19:1-10
Following the great tribulation of God’s wrath poured out on Babylon – the whore, the antichrist, his kings, the people who have rejected the Lord, and the world system, the Lord Jesus Christ returns. He returns first to face head on the wicked gathered against Him at Armageddon. After taking vengeance on them that know not God and turning this present evil world into a burning heap of rubble and having cast the wicked into hell, the Lord Jesus Christ begins what will be the greatest time of peace, joy, fruitfulness, this earth has ever known.
The four “Alleluia”s (vss 1-6)
- The Lord rescues (vs 1)
- The Lord repays (vs 3)
- Isaiah 34:8 For it is the day of the LORD’S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
- Isaiah 63:4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
- Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
- Psalm 106
- The Lord reconciles (vs 4)
- Definition of AMEN:
- 1 Kings 1:36 And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada answered the king, and said, Amen: the LORD God of my lord the king say so too.
- Jeremiah 28:6 Even the prophet Jeremiah said, Amen: the LORD do so: the LORD perform thy words which thou hast prophesied, to bring again the vessels of the LORD’S house, and all that is carried away captive, from Babylon into this place.
- Definition of AMEN:
- The Lord reigns (vs 6)
- Now, He will be King.
- Psalms 145-150
The Marriage Supper of the Lamb (vss 7-10)
- He told the Jewish disciples, when you pray say thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).
- Jesus Christ was introduced as the bridegroom to Israel in John 3:29.
- Supper of carnage
- Revelation 19:17-18
- Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
- Isaiah 54:5-8 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. 6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. 7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. 8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
- Jesus Christ would espouse a people to himself in the following eight ways that are best illustrated in a marriage. Hosea 2:19-23
- Zephaniah 1:7-8 – All of Zephaniah is about this time