Test: Ephesians 1:2
Peace to you
Peace is the man Christ Jesus (2:14-15)
- Jesus Christ brings together the sinner and God the Father
- Veil or the wall is flesh and blood (Colossians 1:20-22)
- Your flesh is what stands between you and God.
- 1 Corinthians 15:50
- Matthew 27:51
- Fasting works
- Exodus 33:18-20 – no man see God and live
- So Jesus Christ lives in your flesh for 33 years, but never yields to the desires of the flesh, and so offers his flesh and blood in place of your flesh and blood.
- Life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your soul.
- God the Father described the enmity between man and God in the law
- Galatians 5
- Fulfilling the law that pointed out the works of the flesh
- Those who have no payment for their sin are still under the law
- Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Peace is the message of the gospel (2:17)
- Good news that sin has been paid for in full, once and for all, and that payment is available to all who will believe.
- Remission of sins: Hebrews 9:22, 10:18, Matthew 26:28
- Acts 10:43, the gospel to the Gentiles
- John 20:23
- Note on Acts 2:38 that particular baptism is because of remission, but does not provide remission. Sins go into remission because of blood, Leviticus 17:11.
Peace is how believers are unified in Christ (4:3)
- Not that we all need to get together, but we all head toward the Lord and we’ll all be together. Remember, he is our peace.
Peace is the daily walk of a believer (6:15)
- You that have obtained peace with God, walk daily in it.
- Promote it, preach it. Good news! Your sins are taken away! There is the preaching side of it – Romans 10:15
- Shoes also protect your walk.
- Shoes define the task at hand.
- Steel toed boots for work.
- Nurses, wait staff find comfortable, padded shoes to walk in all day.
- Athletic shoes. Metal cleats for golf, rubber cleats for football, and smaller cleated shoe if you’re on astroturf. Sneakers for basketball. Tennis shoes for tennis.
- Boots for ranch and cattle work in the brush.
- Shoes truly tell the story of what you’re planning on doing.
Recipients of peace (6:23)
- The family of God. The brethren.
- 1 Peter 5:14
- Peace is the result of crucifying the flesh, which is done in Christ.