Text: Ephesians 1:13-23
The Lord’s way of affecting real change in a soul is a process that can be divided into three “H”s. Illustration of the elephant stuck by the little stake in the ground. That circus elephant could easily pull that little stake out of the ground, but he was conditioned from his youth that when the leash is on him and tied to that stake he is stuck.
- Preaching is used.
- Why did they trust in Jesus Christ? Because they heard. Acts 19. Not lifestyle evangelism.
- 2 Timothy 3:8?
- Ephesians 1:17-18 …knowledge of him…eyes of your understanding being enlightened…
- The Holy Spirit through Paul here is trying to get you and I to first of all understand there is no leash tied to a stake in the ground.
- Romans 6:3-9 Know, knowing, knowing
- God’s gospel and God Himself is reasonable. Come let us reason together. Biblical doctrine is not confusing or meant to be incomprehensible to man. To the contrary, God wants you and I to understand what we are doing because the change that takes place can be lasting.
- You will never be committed to something very long if you can’t understand what it is you’re committed to.
- Parents say, I’m not a good witness. Well, you’ll have to learn how to be because if you can’t explain to your kids why you believe what you believe or what is truth and what is error then they will learn someone else’s perception of truth and error.
- Knowledge affects the heart for good or for bad.
- Mckenzie going back to the doctor the other day brought on some fear that cancer had returned. Doctor didn’t find anything malignant and then that affected her heart and our and many others praying for her.
- Earnest is assurance to the seller
- Proverbs 3:5 – trust is a heart issue
- Trust is removing ties to other things and relying solely where your trust is.
- Romans 6:11 Reckon
- Understanding should bring conviction, emotions
- If you don’t want people to trust, how would you keep them from trusting?
- Prevent them from hearing.
- Make trusting Jesus Christ seem stupid
- 1 John 5
- Fellow said, I’m not a church guy. If you don’t love God’s people, you don’t love God.
- The Holy Spirit through Paul here is trying to get you and I to stop going through the motions of sin.
- Romans 6:13 Yield…yield