Text: 1 Thessalonians 1:8
If you and I believe there is a literal hell and a literal heaven, then there are real eternal consequences. Most of us probably are in the category of believing, but we don’t really care.
Immediately after you get saved the first thing that happens is you want to tell someone. You aren’t schooled in all the doctrine. You haven’t read through the Bible. But something inside you now wants to come out. Some of us unfortunately are so far from that time you no longer have any desire to see others get saved.
You don’t become responsible at the point of surrender, but at the point of command
You’ll never find the right candidate to witness to
- No doubt these Thessalonians preached to many people who didn’t care. Then they preached to those who took the words of God seriously and got saved. But had they waited for the right “candidate” to show up, they never would’ve spoke up.
- A sower went forth to sow; he didn’t check the soil first.
- Trotline soulwinning
- Fishers of men
- Different types of fish with different types of bait, at different times, in different places
Prepare the soil
- Find common interest
- Let them tell you about them
- Volunteer to help them with something they need help with
- Be hospitable. Invite them over
Diligently pray for the lost
- soweth in tears…
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4
If you do it, God will refine it
- Willing heart is more valuable than a perfect method
- God can steer the car that’s moving. He can’t steer the car that’s dead.
Pursue open doors
- Pursue them with preaching – 1 Corinthians 16:8-9 But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost. For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
- Pursue them with prayer – Ephesians 6:19 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Love God and love people
- Opening your mouth for the Lord is a matter of you loving the Lord Jesus Christ.