Text: Esther 5:14
After Haman is done puffing himself up his wife gives him some terrible encouragement. She essentially says, “Sweetheart, you’ve got so much going for you, why wait and agonize over Mordecai? Don’t wait for the king to do something, go ahead and take matters into your own hands. Build a gallows for him, have him killed in the morning, and then enjoy your day with the king tomorrow.”
Let the gallows be built
- Wisdom in allowing the gallows to be built so God’s purpose can be accomplished.
- Joseph was sold into slavery into Egypt. He would become the savior of the world and of Jacob’s children. But he had to be sold into slavery. He said, But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. (Genesis 50:20)
- What men mean for evil, God turns it to good.
Gallows built for Mordecai
- Where are the gallows for Haman? What about the bad guy? How come he seems to be in power and no one is trying to harass him? Because it takes a Mordecai to build a gallow.
- The system that destroys the wicked will be built by the wicked. But the only reason it will be built is to eliminate the Mordecais.
Enough rope to hang himself
- Proverbs 5:22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.
- Haman’s pride and arrogance had pushed him to plan mass murder without care. In fact, Haman was more concerned about not being worshipped than the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. How ignorant, short sighted, and backwards pride is!
- Sin is always self destructive.