Text: Proverbs 11:30
If you and I believe there is a literal hell and a literal heaven, then there are real eternal consequences. Most of us probably are in the category of we believe that, but we don’t really care.
Wisdom is what stands between a lost soul and soul that has been won. That does not mean that if you’re wise enough and smart enough then you can convince anyone to get saved. But if someone is going to get saved it is going to be because of a wise soul winner. Fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; not just a fruit, but a tree.
Immediately after you get saved the first thing that happens is you want to tell someone. You aren’t schooled in all the doctrine. You haven’t read through the Bible. But something inside you now wants to come out. Some of us unfortunately are so far from that time you no longer have any desire to see others get saved.
This is the hardest thing a child of God will do. The apostles received power to be witnesses. When they were filled with the Holy Spirit of God they spake with boldness.
Let’s look at the things that make for a wise soul winner. What makes a soul winner wise?
He understands you don’t find the right sinner
- A sower went forth to sow; he didn’t check the soil first.
- Everyone is a candidate.
- If they’re not saved, they’re a candidate to hear about what the Lord has done in your life.
- If they are saved, they’re a candidate to hear about what the Lord has done in your life.
Responsibility begins at the point of command
- Timing is important
- Witnesses testify only when they’re called on to testify.
- Witnesses testify in the way they’re called to testify.
- A witness doesn’t come in the court yelling that he has something to say. No, he waits until he’s called upon and he provides information in the context he’s called upon.
- Ready to give an answer to everyman that asks.
- What about those missed opportunities? You know about them. Walk away from the conversation thinking you should’ve said this or that. Study to shew thyself approved of God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
- Guilt and innocence depend on it
He diligently prays for the lost he has contact with
- soweth in tears…
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- Sometimes we get frustrated about the lack of results. Spent an hour knocking doors and no one answered. Maybe if we spent an hour in prayer and let the Lord go ahead?!
He understands if you do it, God will refine it
- Willing heart is more valuable than a perfect method
- God can steer the car that’s moving. He can’t steer the car that’s dead.
He pursues open doors
- The fields are white unto harvest is something Jesus says in regards to what just happened at the well.
- Everyday opportunity (John 4:27)
- Disciples are trapped in the cultural ruts and aren’t looking for opportunities.
- daily and house and house it says in Acts.
- The opportunities are missed in soul winning because we aren’t looking for them.
- Familiar opportunity (John 4:28-30)
- Your best opportunities are those familiar with you.
- God given opportunity (John 4:31-38)
- Be personal. Be compassionate. Listen to people talk.
He addresses obstacles
- Obstacle are:
- Ephesians 6:19
- Colossians 4:3
He loves God and loves people
- Opening your mouth for the Lord is a matter of you loving the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You say it’s getting darker and darker. It is. Perilous times shall come, men shall be lovers of themselves… When that can be said of your life, the light truly has gone out.
- Listen, don’t complain about the darkness if you won’t carry the light. You eliminate darkness with light.