Text: Ephesians 4:22-23
Renew your mind (Romans 12:3) is the transformation that leads to knowing and doing the will of God. Renew: Making new again; repairing; re-establishing; reviving; renovating.
- We react to things the way the world tells us to react and not the way God tells us to.
We have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- So you may not have access to a glorified body, but you do have access to a glorified mind. But wait, does that mean happy all the time? Does that mean never depressed? Does that mean being sad is a sin?
- Let me ask you, did Jesus Christ have the mind of Christ? Of course.
- Did Jesus ever get sad? Jesus wept.
- So you take the mind of Christ and drop it in the midst of sin and surround it with sin and that mind will suffer. But be not conformed to this world...
- The answer is not, Don’t be sad. Some things are worth being sad about. The question is what did Christ do when he was sad? You may have to ask yourself, why am I sad?
Let this mind be in you (Philippians 2:5)
- This was a part of his mind that dealt with service to others.
- You’ve got to allow this mindset to exist in you.
Humbleness of mind (Colossians 3:12)
- This will keep you from being offended.
- This is how longsuffering works. I can’t even begin to be patient until we disagree.
Be not soon shaken in mind (2 Thessalonians 2:2)
- Expectations are right.
- Don’t be afraid of things you shouldn’t be afraid of.
Sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Soldier needs a spirit of:
- Power. So he’s not paralyzed in fear.
- Love. So he’s sacrificial with those he serves with.
- Sound mind. So he’s not entangled in something he shouldn’t be. So his warfare is focussed.
Sober minded (Titus 2:6)
- Sober means to think of yourself as you really are. Drunk thinks he’s 10 foot tall and bulletproof because he’s drunk.
Gird the loins of your mind (1 Peter 1:13)
Be of one mind (1 Peter 3:8)
Armed with the mind of Christ (1 Peter 4:1)
- Unfamiliar with the mind of Christ
- Or familiar but not thinking like Jesus Christ means you’ll be unable to make war
Ready mind (1 Peter 5:2)