Text: Leviticus 7:11-13
Thankfulness is an element of peace
- Law of the sacrifice of peace (vs 11)
- This was a part of the Jews having a right attitude toward God.
- Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Thankfulness is the cost of appreciation
- This Thanksgiving offering is just that. It’s the people that willingly offer of themselves, their livelihoods to God. Whoever chose to participate in this thanksgiving offering would do so because they desire to own some part of that grace given to them in leaving Egypt.
- We’d never look at the Lord Jesus Christ and say, I deserved what you did for me. But we want to participate in God’s redemptive work somehow. Thankfulness is how it’s done.
- Thankfulness and generosity are sort of two sides of the same coin.