Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Text: Esther 9:1-11
Mordecai’s influence on Esther becomes his influence on the king of Persia. Now Mordecai is second in charge in the kingdom of Persia and his direct influence is growing over the Persian kingdom. With Mordecai ruling, we’ve come to the day originally designed by the adversary Haman as the day of destruction. Except the day has become a day of deliverance.
Day appointed by the wicked
- …when the king’s commandment and his decree drew near to be put in execution… (vs 1)
- Haman planned this day of genocide.
- Have you ever thought about how much the timing of the Day of the Lord has to do with the Devil’s plans?
- Maybe the day was picked by the devil.
- Genesis 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
- Daniel 9:27 – the covenant is made by the antichrist
Day the world turned upside down
- …the enemies of the Jews hoped to have power over them, (though it was turned to the contrary, that the Jews had rule over them…) (vs 1)
Day which the enemies of God would be helpless
- The Jews gathered themselves…and no man could withstand them… (vs 2)
- Teach my hands to war…
- Christ the refuge…
- Christ the shepherd, prepares a table in the presence of my enemies…
Day when the arms of government would fear God
- …the rulers…helped the Jews… (vs 3)
Day when the Deliverer would be known by all
- …Mordecai was great in the king’s house…his fame went out throughout all the provinces…waxed greater and greater… (vs 4)
- Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen
Day of purging in the palace
- …in Shushan the palace, the Jews slew and destroyed… (vs 6)
- Day of cleaning out the house of the king
- Jesus cleansing the temple
Day of downfall for the ten horns
- …the ten sons of Haman…slew they… (vs 10)
- 10 horns which are 10 given crowns to reign as kings with the beast (they give their power to the beast in Revelation 17:12)
- Psalm 83:1-8
- Genesis 15:18-21