Text: Esther 10
This is the happy ending the world never gives. It is the happy ending that the Lord always provides.
King Ahasuerus is a type of God the Father in relation to the Lord Jesus Christ when the Lord Jesus begins to reign in his Kingdom for 1000 years. This is the happy ending; it is God’s happy ending.
The right man is in charge
- …Mordecai the Jew was next unto king Ahasuerus…
- Mordecai is promoted in the kingdom. He becomes the king’s right hand man. God’s people loved to see a good man in charge instead of the wicked in charge.
- Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
The greatest Jew
- …and great among the Jews…
- Mordecai was exalted in Persia and also rose in prominence and greatness among the Jews. He sought the welfare of his people, he gave wise counsel, he took a stand against wickedness. Among the Jews there was not anyone greater in the kingdom.
- When the Jews are good, they real good. When they are bad, they are real bad. They are a people God has prepared to rule this world.
- There were some very good Jews in history. But none without their flaws.
- The apostles – sometimes unbelieving. Sometimes overzealous. Sometimes angry without good reason.
- David – Great leader. Great private relationship with the Lord. Adulterer and murderer.
- Moses – Great leader. Intercessor for Israel. Lost his temper because of the people and destroyed the type God set up. Murdered a man in an attempt to rescue his nation.
- Daniel – Orphan who rises in the ranks in a foreign nation and when he’s honored as a god who can dissolve doubts, he accepts the worship in Daniel 2.
- Elijah – preaches his heart out and calls down fire, but his nation stays stuck in idolatry. He requests suicide.
- Isaiah – Great prophet and counselor to the royalty in Israel. Then has a vision of the Holy God high and lifted up and confesses his uncleanness.
- I’m saying there are many great Jews in history. And all had their flaws. But one Jewish man who was and is the greatest, the Lord Jesus Christ, asked which of you convinceth me of sin?
- You can inspect him, test him, poke him, prod him, tempt him, try him, and he is yet without sin. He is the greatest among the Jews. And among the great Jews, he is far above them, as Pilate said, I find no fault in him.
Acceptance among his people
- …accepted of the multitude of his brethren…
- The Jews recognize what Mordecai has done for them. They recognize and honor him for his righteous leadership.
- Jesus Christ came the first time he was rejected. But the people around when Jesus Christ reigns on this earth will honor, welcome, enjoy, and love the presence of Jesus Christ.
- Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Commitment to the well being of his people
- …seeking the wealth of his people…
- Never a politician like this, seeking the wealth of his people.
Speaking comfortably to his people
- …and speaking peace to all his seed…
- Mordecai comforts his people.