Text: Hebrews 10:19-21
The bloody door
- Hebrews 10:19-20 describe the entrance being opened to fellowship with God. How do you enter into a building? Through a door.
- …enter by the blood of Jesus…
- John 10:7-10
- The door is not you.
The new door
- New testament
- New covenant
- New and open door
The living door
- Not a dead sacrifice, but one that is alive
- John 14:6
The revealing door
- The veil that is his flesh…
- The veil covered the presence of God in the tabernacle under the old testament.
- As the veil and the body of Jesus Christ was torn, God was revealed
The high priest is the shepherd is the door
- 1 Peter 2:24-25 …For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
- John 10:1-4
- Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd over the house of God
- Hebrews 10:21 describes Jesus Christ as the high priest over the house of God as a result of his sacrifice