Text: Hebrews 10:22-39
Hebrews 10:30-31. These are not saved people because saved people are not appointed to wrath and vengeance is NEVER a word God uses to describe His treatment of saved people. There will be conditions of patience set on these folks in order to endure to the end to be saved.
Heretics say believers in Jesus Christ take the place of nation of Israel. They make all the promises spiritual. They say the temple has become the individual’s body and that’s the fulfillment of the land promise to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the twelve tribes. That’s not true. You know that because when Jesus Christ returns He returns to Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:1-4).
66 books in the Bible.13 of them are written Gentile Christians.
Abram – 12:1, 13:14-18, 15:18-21 (10 Gentile nations in the land). Genesis 2:8-15 – Eden
- 10 horns – Revelation 17:12
- Deuteronomy 11:8-11. God doesn’t tell Joshua to go to Hong Kong and root out the wickedness there.
- The world watches the land too. There has always been a great interest in that land. Promised Land, Holy Land. Holy Land is what God told Moses about it, Exodus 3:1-5.
- Exodus – Deuteronomy God is preparing His people to inherit the land
- Joshua – God’s people go forth to conquer and inherit what God has promised.
- Judges – Cycle of Rebellion and God’s deliverance, Judges 1:16-21, 27…
- 1-2 Samuel
- 1-2 Kings – all these deal with Israeli kings ruling on the throne in God’s Holy Land.
- 1 Kings 12:25-33 – Because of this idolatry, Northern Israel will be the first to be cut short by the Beast.
- 2 Kings 10:32
- 2 Kings 16-17:23 – Judah makes a deal with the beast, and is almost swallowed up by the Assyrian
- 2 Kings 18-19 – Assyrian beast moves toward Jerusalem Isaiah 36-39
- 2 Kings 24-25 – Ends with the beginning of something called the times of the Gentiles (Luke 21:24)
- Babylonians capturing the land so the land could enjoy her Sabbaths (2 Chronicles 36:15-21, Daniel 1:1-2 timing is exactly 490 years, 70 x 7, meaning 70 sabbaths since Israel’s first king began his reign.
- Then Persia coming into the land and taking it
- 1-2 Chronicles – Details only the kings of Judah and their spiral downward, particularly the throne associated with the Holy Land.
- Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther – all deal with the throne under Persian rule
- Daniel – He is going to sum up what’s happening and project the future of this time of the Gentiles until the end. Daniel gives the timing, how long the Gentiles will rule the land.
- Luke 21:24 times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. Specific time Gentiles will rule the land to punish Israel.
- Daniel 9:24-27 – 70 weeks are determined upon thy people
- 69 weeks pass when Jesus Christ is crucified – Daniel 9:26-27
- Matthew 4:15, 25 (Decapolis – 10) History of Jerusalem’s captivity by Gentile beasts (nations)
- Daniel 7:4 – Babylon (606 BC – 536 BC)
- Daniel 7:5 – Media-Persia (536 BC – 333 BC)
- Daniel 7:6 – Greece
- Romans 11:25 & 28 – the peculiar relationship with Israel. Enemies because of the gospel, yet beloved because of the promises God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- Israel is closed to the gospel legally. But every day Gentiles pour into that country and are led around by Jews to tour the ministry of Jesus Christ.
Trial of faith in the place God will reside
- Matthew 11:20-24…more tolerable in the day of judgment… So there will be judgment concentrated in an area on this earth where more opportunity was given than in any place on earth.
- Isaiah 2:2
- The type of Moses (10:28-29)
- The hospitality (10:34) cross referenced with James 2:15-17, Matthew 25:35-36
- The reference to patience (10:36) like Job in James 5:7-11 and James 1:3-4
- The little while there is to wait as a reference to John 16:16-22 speaking of tribulation
- The trial is specifically under the Assyrian man of sin (antichrist). And the abomination that maketh desolate. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4