Text: John 6:11, 23
What it is that makes the Lord Jesus Christ grateful is significant. There are 5000 people here who came to get something and one that came to give.
Thanksgiving gives God an opportunity to work
- Notice the timing is when he had given thanks in John 6:11. Look at it again in John 6:23 they did eat bread after that the Lord had given thanks
- Not that they ate bread after Jesus performed a miracle. The miracle is the product of gratitude.
- Not that they ate bread after the disciples distributed it.
- …they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks… (6:23)
- Gratitude gives God an opportunity to work because it is the will of God. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Sanctifying power of gratitude
- 1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving multiplies the blessing
- The Lord Jesus Christ gives thanks and then distributes the loaves and the fishes until everyone was satisfied.
- Thanksgiving turned 5 loaves and 2 fishes into thousands of loaves and thousands of fishes.
- Gratitude will take one saved sinner and turn him or her into many saved sinners.
- 2 Corinthians 9:10-12 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) 11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;