Text: Psalm 32
Blessings of forgiveness (vss 1-4)
- Blessings (vss 1-2)
- David held his guilt inside. Didn’t want to own up to it. Realized how ignorant it is not to want the blessings of forgiveness.
Method of forgiveness (vs 5)
- Forgiveness is not blindly applied everywhere
- Confession and repentance are required by God for forgiveness
- Does God require something of you before He forgave you? Or were you automatically forgiven when Jesus died on the cross for you?
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
Godliness is seeking forgiveness (vss 6-7)
- We rarely think of ourselves as the offending party.
- When we realize we are it is godly to seek out forgiveness.
Instruction from the forgiver (vss 8-11)
- An advocate in verse 8.
- Control your own mouth in verse 9.
- Mercy is poured out to them that actually trust the LORD. It isn’t given out willy-nilly.
- Let the forgiven say so!