Text: Daniel 6:1-10
Daniel’s faithful prayer life, and obedience to God.
Vs 1 How many princes did king Darius set over his kingdom? 120
Vs 2 How many presidents were set over the princes? 3
- Who was the first one? Daniel,
- Who were the princes accountable to? the 3 presidents
Vs 3 Why was Daniel preferred?
- Daniel was preferred above the princess and the president’s because of his excellent spirit.
- Ref. Daniel 5:12
- Excellent definition: extremely good, outstanding, of high quality.
- Do you have an excellent spirit? Do you have a good spirit? Do you have an okay spirit?
- How is your walk with Jesus?
- Are you following the Bible and obeying God?
- Could we be made fun of because we follow Jesus?
- Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
- John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
- John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
- Psalm 23:3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. We are supposed to obey and follow Him.
- Why are we supposed to follow when he leads? He is our saviour, and He says to obey him. Are you redeemed by Jesus? Redeemed means a change of ownership.
Vs 4 Did Daniel have any faults or errors that all the other presidents and princes could find?
- NO he was faithful. Very much like Jesus Christ
Vs 5 Since they could not find any fault in him, what did they try to do?
- They tried to get him in trouble because of his obedience to God…….
Vs 6 What did these other presidents and princes do to get at Daniel?
- They went behind his back to the king to make a plan to trap him.
- Could all this be because of jealousy, because Daniel was the first, and that he was faithful? sure
Vs 7 How did they lie? They went behind his back. They made it against the law to pray to anyone other than the king.
- Why, because they knew Daniel was faithful to his God and prayed to him three times a day.
- What were the consequences if Daniel disobeyed? They would be thrown into the lions den.
Vs 8 They had the king make it official by signing it, so it could not be changed.
Vs 9 Did the King sign the decree? Yes, King Darius signed the decree.
Vs 10 Did Daniel back down when he found out what they did? No.
- Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
- How was Daniel’s behavior before and after the decree was signed? He remained faithful to God, he stilled prayed three times a day, with the windows open. He did not change his behaviour.
- How is your obedience to God?
- Did Daniel change his prayer life or behavior after the order was signed? no he remained faithful
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?