Reprobate – rejected – by God
- Romans 1:28-32
- Not only do these things, but take pleasure in them that do them.
- Entertained by them. Celebrate them: “celebrities” are those who portray this list on screens enjoyed by other reprobates rejected by God.
- You take pleasure in these things because you flesh, your body, has an appetite for these things that oppose God. The lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, the pride of life.
- The Lord says tell the truth, but the first thing you think to do when you believe you’ll be in trouble is lie.
- The Lord says don’t covet, but the first thing you do when you see someone with something you don’t have is want it.
Personal guilt before God
- Romans 2:1-5
- Personal hypocrisy before God
- You criticize people for being liars, and you lie.
- You criticize people for adultery, yet you watch it on TV and are entertained by it.
- You would gasp if anyone you knew was involved in a murder, but you’ve been entertained by hundreds of murders on your video games or your TV shows in the past week.
- Storing up wrath for judgment day
- Judgment is not meted out piece by piece.
- Consequences are not the same thing as judgment. Judgment is a day.
- Thief breaks into a home. He’s caught. He is shot in the leg. (That’s not the judgment of God, that’s a consequence of a decision.) The police come, arrest the thief. Take him to the hospital where he regrets what he’s done. (That’s still not judgment and his sorrow is not a substitute for judgment.). He is charged with theft and thrown in county jail and given a court date. (Being is jail is still not judgment.) The judgment will come at the appointed time.
- Don’t confuse consequences with judgment.
- Romans 2:5 after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.
- It is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment. No more chances. No purgatory. No reincarnation. No opportunities after death.
- You say you’re pretty good which everyone says about themselves. There is not a person that doesn’t think they’re good. But goodness is determined by the law and the Judge, not you or me.
- Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
God has concluded you’re guilty
- Romans 3:9-19, 23
- You don’t need to wait and see what the verdict will be or whether God will weigh good and bad deeds. God has already concluded you’re under sin. And you know you are because you’ll spend your entire life trying to offset the curse on you.
- The charges against you aren’t about what you’ve done right. The law is only looking at what’s been done against the law. God’s law is the same way. Whatever good you believe you’ve done does not justify the laws you’ve broken. That’s not a defense here and it’s not a defense before God.
- In order to get to Hell and ultimately the Lake of Fire, you’re going to have to ignore the goodness of God and every attempt God is going to make to get you to turn around.
- Preaching here
- Friend at work trying to talk to you
- Relative trying to talk to you about salvation
- Churches open all week with multiple services preaching the gospel, but you were too busy watching the game, the races, fishing, hunting, whatever.
- Every attempt God made to get you to avoid judgment was ignored.
- Paul said, despisest thou the goodness of God?
God not only concluded the only way to save you is to give you his righteousness
- Romans 3:21-22, 24-28
- God Almighty is SO against having to judge you and send you to a lake of fire that God came in the flesh – God manifest in the flesh – to provide an acceptable body of flesh and blood.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 made him to be sin for you
- 1 Peter 3:18 the just for the unjust
- Acts 4:12 neither is there salvation in any other
- Hebrews 10:10-13 one sacrifice for all
- John 1:28 the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world
- Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Here’s how God plans to give you His righteousness
- Romans 4:1-3
- Romans 4:6-8 blessed forgiveness in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Romans 4:19-25, believe what God has promised in Jesus Christ and God Almighty will account to you His righteousness
If you accept God’s plan to save your soul
- Romans 5:1-2, 6-9