Text: Colossians 1-4
ALL is a small word and big word at the same time. Every provision of God will be found in Jesus Christ.
- Unfortunately, the message we present about Jesus Christ is that he is how you get to heaven. But Christianity doesn’t begin when you die.
- 1:9-10 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- 1 Corinthians 1:22-24 – Jesus Christ is the wisdom of God to those who have heard the call.
- 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power,
- Might is seen in endurance without compromise and losing hope.
- 1:11 …unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
- Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- 1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Creator and sustainer
- 1:16-18 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
- That means in the decision to find work God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- That means in the decision of who to marry God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- That means in the decision of how to spend money God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- That means in the decision of my education God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- That means in the decision of what to listen to God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- That means in the decision of what I watch God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- That means in the decision of what I eat God’s will is that Christ is preeminent.
- Your battle now and my battle is not with the world. Your battle and my battle is with whether or not I’m going to let Jesus Christ be preeminent in what I choose.
Complete in Christ
- 1:19-20 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. …
- 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus
Complete blessing of God
- 2:1-3 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
- 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
- 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
- Complete in Thee! No work of mine, May take, dear Lord, the place of Thine; Thy blood hath pardon bought for me, And I am now complete in Thee. (CHORUS) Yea, justified, oh, blessed thought, And sanctified, salvation wrought. Thy blood hath pardon bought for me, And glorified I, too, shall be. Complete in Thee! No more shall sin, Thy grace hath conquered, reign within; Thy voice shall bid the tempter flee, And I shall stand complete in Thee. Complete in Thee—each want supplied, And no good thing to me denied; Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be, I ask no more, complete in Thee. Dear Savior, when before Thy bar All tribes and tongues assembled are, Among Thy chosen will I be, At Thy right hand, complete in Thee.
- 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
- 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.