The next psalm that we would be looking at is Psalm 62. It is given to Jeduthun just like Psalm 39 and Psalm 71 are. Jeduthun was one of the men who oversaw entrance into the tabernacle of the Lord. In this sermon we’re going to see Jeduthun as a type of a Christian. Jeduthun is found in 1 Chronicles 16:41-42 and 2 Chronicles 35:15 where he is commissioned to fill the entrance of the tabernacle with thanksgiving and singing.
Like a Christian, Jeduthun is chosen to give thanks
- 1 Chronicles 16:41
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- …for this is the will of God… Gratitude is God’s will
- Psalm 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
- Psalm 69:30-31 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.
- …in Christ Jesus concerning you. – Gratitude as a Christian
- As a saved soul you have every spiritual blessing that Jesus Christ has.
- Christians, of all people, ought to be the most gracious, thankful people on this earth. Whether I live or die I win in Jesus Christ. In Christ, there is no way to lose.
- Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy praise
Like a Christian, Jeduthun has stewardship of the door
- 1 Chronicles 16:42
- John 10:7-9
- The job of a porter is the job of a Christian with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A man that has the charge of a door or gate; a door-keeper.
- One that waits at the door to receive messages.
- A carrier; a person who carries or conveys burdens for hire.
Like a Christian, Jeduthun was a seer (prophet)
- 2 Chronicles 35:15
- Revelation 19:10
- You know you have eternal life? That’s prophecy in Jesus Christ.
- You know of God’s future judgment? That’s prohesy in Jesus Christ.
- You know of God’s future inheritance and rewards? That’s prophecy in Jesus Christ.