Text: Job 36:26-29
Process we observe
- Water cycle
- First of all it’s noteworthy that in 1700 BC people clearly understood evaporation process. (Swedish scientist/theologian Nils Walerius given credit for scientifically documenting elements of water cycle.)
- Energy from the Sun breaks down the water into tiny particles that ascend up separated from impurities. As the particles gather together in cooler air, they form clouds. When enough of the water particles have gathered together they reform into large drops of water. Then they return to the earth. What went up is coming back down in a pure form.
People illustrated in the process
- People are like waters
- Isaiah 40:15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket…
- Revelation 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
- James 1:6 …For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
- Jesus Christ like the Sun
- Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
- Psalm 19:4-5 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, 5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
Principles at work
- The work of the Sun causes the waters to be released from the earth. The work of the Sun causes the earth to lose its grip on the waters. The work of Jesus Christ causes the world to lose its grip on souls submitted to the Son.
- When the water ascends it does so without impurities – called distillation.
- The water must be made very small and lively in order to ascend.
- The waters gather in the air.
- Those saved gathered in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
- After the waters have gathered they return to the earth. They return distilled, purified.
- Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Practice of the process
- faith is the victory that overcomes the world
- Faith is the connection to things above that breaks the world’s hold.
- Then, by faith, return to the world in holiness.
- Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
- Physically and literally
- For those who are forgiven in Jesus Christ are taken up and physically return with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-53
- Revelation 1:7-8 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.