Text: Psalm 65
Jesus Christ performs the vow – He is the promise (vs 1)
- What vow? The vow you made? That vow someone else made? And who can keep a vow to Almighty God?
- Promised land, promised seed, promised rewards, promises are all wrapped up in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is seen by all (vs 2)
- John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
- Luke 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
Jesus Christ purged sins (vs 3)
- Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Jesus Christ is God’s choice man (vs 4)
- Psalm 24:3
- Ephesians 1:4
Jesus Christ is believed on by all nations after judgement on Israel (vs 5)
- Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Jesus Christ holds all things together by his word (vs 6)
Jesus Christ calms the waters (vs 7)
- Matthew 8:26
Jesus Christ the water of life (vs 9)
- Hebrews 2:6 the visitation of God in Jesus Christ would bring the water of life John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.