Redeeming the time in 2020.
Searching the scriptures daily
- Acts 17:11 – Nobility of the researcher
- Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
- People’s names become associated with their discoveries; it’s the honor given to them.
- Diligence in a matter will lead to understanding that God’s creation is wonderfully made.
- Joy of discovery.
- Study is a readiness of mind.
- Much study is a weariness of the flesh (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
- 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Maybe this coming year you need to be willing to sit yourself down and dig out some truths for yourself out of your own Bible.
A reliable ambassador for the Lord (Acts 17:17)
- People we have contact with daily
- Praying for growth, praying that the Lord would save souls and the Holy Spirit says, OK, so open your mouth so I can work.
- Tracts, witness, scripture signs, etc.
- Maybe this coming year you need to be willing to open your mouth for the Lord more.
Make sure the flesh is being put under control of the spirit daily (1 Corinthians 15:31)
- Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
- Crucify your will – Learn to say No
- Crucify your feelings – Don’t be guided by your feelings.
- Crucify you ambitions – Turn your “I want” into what does God want.
- Maybe this coming year you need to stop giving in to your flesh so much.
Daily exhortation (Hebrews 3:13)
- The prodding of brothers and sisters on to do good on a regular basis.
- The further away you get from God’s people, the more isolated you are, the more blind you become to your own need for fellowship. Paul uses the phrase hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. That hardness comes in the form of deceit that says, I don’t need to be present.
- Maybe this coming year you need to put a guard on your mouth and quit casually using it for filth and cursing and use it to magnify the Lord Jesus Christ in someone else’s life.
- Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
- Maybe this coming year you need to get focussed on your prayer life.