Text: Colossians 1:17
Christ’s kingdom is before his earthly throne
- Micah 5:2 Christ’s birth in Bethlehem is the manifestation of the everlasting God
- 1 Samuel 20:6 → John 7:42 David was from Bethlehem
Christ is before Abraham
- John 8:56-59
- Not only is Christ before Abraham, but Abraham rejoiced to see the coming of the promise (Luke 10:23-24, Romans 1:1-3), and the power of resurrection (Hebrews 11:17-19).
Christ’s glory precedes the present evil world
- John 17:5 Christ in glory before the world began
- Just a note, the world is not the earth. The world is the people. The earth is nature and the elements.
- Luke 11:50-51
- 1 Samuel 2:8
- Psalm 19:4
- Jeremiah 10:12
- God so loved the world, not God so loved the earth.
- Love not the world, it doesn’t say love not the earth.
Christ is the chosen vessel before the foundation of the world
- Ephesians 1:3-4 Christ the forerunner and vessel of all spiritual blessings
- 2 Timothy 1:9 (and 1 Peter 1:18-20)
- Titus 1:2 Christ promised eternal life before the world began
Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh is clear. Second thing to note is that righteousness precedes wickedness. Peace precedes sin. Glory precedes damnation. Joy precedes sorrow. So life under a curse is temporary if you’re in Christ.