Text: Proverbs 30:24-28
Strength is simply the ability to do a work. Proverbs 24:10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small, meaning if the adverse situation renders you unable to complete the task, then you lack strength. But strength is not only accomplished by power or force, in fact there is more strength in wisdom. Ecclesiastes 7:19 Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city. One man can do the job of ten if that one man is wise. These weak creatures are little yet exceeding wise. And their success is due to the wisdom God has given them.
Strength in preparation
- People not strong. But they survive and thrive under adverse conditions because they prepare for them. Proverbs 6:8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
- Wisdom is often found in the preliminary acts, the preparations that are made.
- Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
- When you fail to prepare you prepare to fail.
- Save the green with the blue.
- Prepare for what you know will happen.
- You know you’re going to need a job to make a living.
- You know you’re going to die someday.
- Prepare yourself to serve the living God.
- Laborers may not be extremely talented, but what they have is the ability to work. God sends forth laborers because they have the ability to work.
- Prepare to serve God in your marriage.
- Prepare to serve God in your job.
- Prepare for your children to serve God. (Joshua said as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. The Israelites said we will serve the Lord. Joshua said, you can’t. You’re still carrying around your idols.)
- Prepare to meet thy God Amos said.
- You know God will require an account of what you’ve done with your life. Saved or lost it will be accounted for.
Strength in protection
- Conies are like rabbits
- Recognizing weaknesses
- Revelation 3 and the Laodicean church
- Not recognizing and admitting your own weakness makes you vulnerable.
- Surround themselves with strength
- Hide themselves in the Rock!
Strength in knowing your place
- The strength of the locusts is that they know their place among other locusts.
- There is incredible value in knowing how the Lord uses you in a congregation of believers. Some of you have been coming to church for a long time and you still haven’t figured out your place. You think church is where I go to watch someone else serve God. Church is where I go to watch the preacher serve God. And after I watch the preacher serve God I’ll determine whether he served God to my standard or not.
- Ephesians 2:19-22 – Built upon Jesus Christ
- foundation of the apostles and prophets
- each stone that is added to that building is a lively stone (1 Peter 2:5)
- In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: (Ephesians 2:21)
- In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:22)
Strength in perseverance
- Spider is an opportunist. Spin a web and wait.
- Looking through the grand embroidery, the wonderful architecture of the palace, the exquisite and costly vessels, but none of that is what is to be considered. Not the grand surroundings of the palace, but the spider taketh hold with her hands and is in palaces
- Seeming insignificance is no excuse for inactivity
- Diligent pursuit.
- Endurance in 2 Timothy: hardness, afflictions, all things, sound doctrine
- Be like a postage stamp, stick to it until you get there.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.