Text: Psalm 71
Notice the continual praise from the cradle to beyond the grave
- Verse 6 – Out of the mouth of babes – Matthew 21:6
- Verse 7 – when David is a wonder to others
- Sacrifice of praise in Hebrews 13:15
- Verses 14-15 – when David’s enemies see he’s weak. (David knows this was never about him, it was always about the Lord. So his being weak doesn’t change the strength of the Lord.)
- Verse 15-16 – David will promote the righteousness of God (not the law).
- Verse 17 – David will continue to speak as long as he can of the Lord’s mighty work.
- Verse 18 – David promotes the Lord to this generation.
- Titus 2:1-5
- There is the resurrection and redemption of David’s life in verse 20.
- Verses 22-24 – David praises the Holy One of Israel for redemption. Directed to the Holy One of Israel (71:22) which is Jesus Christ even though David doesn’t know him by name. Mark 1:24 identifies the Lord Jesus Christ as the Holy One.
- Ephesians 1:7-12