Text: Ecclesiastes 7:2-4
Living come face to face with the end
- There isn’t another time when the living will be confronted with the end.
- Living have to consider living for today.
You’ll find need in the house of mourning
- You won’t find need at the ball game.
- You won’t be needed at the ball game.
- Nursing Home ministry, hospital visits, funerals
The grace of God is in the house of mourning
- Luke 4:16-20 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
- 1 Peter 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
Heart improvements are in the house of mourning
- Verse 2 for what will be taken in by the heart
- Verse 3 for a better heart – A better heart will be tempered by grief.
- Verse 4 wise heart
- Loss, betrayal, affliction, trouble all have the potential to improve your heart.