Text: Psalm 103
An eight year old boy lay in a hospital bed dying of cancer. He knew it wouldn’t be long. His dad came in the room and sat by his son. The boy sensing it wouldn’t be long now said, “Daddy, am I going to die?” The dad asked, “Why son? Are you afraid?” The boy said, “Not if God is anything like you.”
God as a Father
- Healeth – even earthly dad’s want to make sure their children have the medical care they need to get better.
- Redeemeth – He will protect his children from harm no matter the cost.
- Crowned with lovingkindness and tender mercies
- Judges oppressors
If God is your Father, here’s your application
- Bless the Lord with everything you have because without the Lord you have nothing.
- Forget not all his benefits
If God is not your Father, here’s what you do
- Become a child of God by faith. What’s that mean?
- Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- In our verses that’s found in verses 17-18.