The Lord Rewards
Text: Colossians 3:24-25
Faith is believing God rewards
- Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
- Proverbs 25:21-22 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: 22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.
- Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Faithlessness is looking for rewards from somewhere, someone else
- Believing God is the rewarder is the opposite of being a man pleaser. See Matthew 6:1,5,16
- John 12:42-43 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: 43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
- You might ask if a person can be saved if they are still menpleasers because you know and I know you’re going to stumble on this. Peter did and Paul got on to him.
Reward of the inheritance
- 1 Peter 1:3-5
- Galatians 3:18
- Ephesians 1:14