Text: Psalm 75
Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. This psalm is the voice of Jesus Christ. Asaph speaks under inspiration of the Holy Ghost for Israel’s Messiah.
In the beginning was the Word. Literally, Jesus Christ was known to man in word only. In Psalm 75, one thousand years before Jesus Christ is manifest in the flesh he is the Word as far as man is concerned. Mankind doesn’t know Him yet other than in word only.
Christ offers an offering of thanksgiving (vs 1)
- Hebrews 13:12-15 Thanksgiving is an offering made by the priest
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Christ makes righteous judgment (vs 2)
- Psalm 106:29-31
- Romans 2:16
- Acts 17:30-31
Christ is the foundation (vs 3)
- 1 Corinthians 3:11… other foundation can no man lay than that is laid which is Christ Jesus.
- Ephesians 2:20-22
- 1 Peter 2:4-10
Christ is the preacher of righteousness (vss 4-7)
- Christ is the man approved by the Father
Christ is the Mediator (vss 8-10)
- Jesus Christ drank of the cup of the wrath of God, but if He did not drink of that cup for you, then you will drink of that cup.
- Matthew 26:39
- John 18:11
- For those who have not allowed Jesus Christ to take the cup of the wrath of God for them, God will begin at the “house of God” then move to the heathen when He begins pouring out His wrath.
- Isaiah 51:17-23
- Judgement began at the house of God, and is now expanding through the world. The wicked will be cut off and the righteous exalted
- The currency in God’s economy is righteousness!
- Proverbs 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.