Christ’s future ministry
Text: Psalm 76
When Jesus Christ returns to this earth He will make His home in Jerusalem. The LORD will continue His ministry by reconciling nations to God beginning with the nation of Israel. It’s first done by purging sinners from the nation of Israel so that the only Israelites left is a remnant of believers.
Jesus Christ will bring the knowledge of God to Judah (vs 1)
- Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
The LORD will have a wonderful reputation in Israel (vs 1)
God’s home is Jerusalem (vs 2)
The LORD Jesus Christ will be an unassailable fortress (vs 3)
- There will be no weapon formed against thee shall prosper. Nothing will be able to mount an attack on the LORD.
Nothing in the earth will be more glorious or excellent than Jesus Christ (vs 4)
The LORD will abase and oppose the proud (vs 5)
- They have slept their sleep. What a terrible reality. Whatever rest you’ve experienced in this life, hope you enjoyed it because now you’re going to a place of no rest.
He only need to speak and His enemies will fail (vs 6)
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 2:8
The fear of the LORD will be inevitable (vss 7-8)
- Proverbs 1:24-29
The LORD will deliver His own from Zion (vs 9)
- Deliverance out of Zion
- Matthew 5:5
- Isaiah 11:4
All nations shall come to the LORD (vss 10-12)
- Isaiah 60 is the description of Jesus Christ’s dealing with the nations in the millennium
- Before Jesus Christ came to the earth, He was described in the scriptures, He was the Word and prophets spoke of the coming Messiah. When God was manifest in the flesh people came to Jesus Christ. When Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven He said Go and tell what’s been done. So now, all access to Jesus Christ is by faith. When Jesus Christ returns people will once again go to Jesus Christ.
- Come and see; Go and tell; Come and see.