Friendship with the world
Text: Genesis 13:5-13
Wealth brought strife (vss 5-9)
- Riches come between Abram and Lot (vss 5-6)
- Testimony lost (vs 7)
- Plea for peace is not sufficient to unify division caused by worldliness (vss 8-9)
- Wealth doesn’t have to be the problem because Abram is a wealthy man who calls on the name of the LORD.
Walked by sight (vss 10-13)
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
- Lot glad to take first choice
- Lot chose by what he saw
- Lot ignored the consequences of evil communications. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
- Lot pitched his tent toward Sodom, so it was a slow drift toward Sodom.
Warnings in the scriptures
- Romans 12:2
- James 4:4
- 1 John 2:15-17