Sin of Sodom
Text: Genesis 19:1-11 & Ezekiel 16:49
Representation before God
- Consider something here.
- In Revelation you have angels who the LORD speaks to who represent churches.
- In Matthew 18 the LORD makes a comment about these little ones’ angels always behold the face of the Father.
- Creatures and the angelic host had representation before God in the form of cherubim.
- Israel had representation before God.
- Because Sodom has no representation before God, so the angels are there to confirm the report of wickedness according to Genesis 18:19-22.
- Romans 1:21-28
- Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
- Proud, selfish, I’m right, me me me.
- Prosperity such that it made God useless in the hearts of the people.
- Laying around. So the prosperity resulted in people sitting around coming up with new ways to sin.