Psalm 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense…
Similar in how they’re made
- Mixture of sweet and bitter
- Exodus 30:34
- Troubling events in life like bitter spices mixed with the goodness of God like sweet fragrances
- Tempered with heat
- Exodus 30:35
- Tempered together as in heated so the mixture creates a uniform sweet odour.
- Tempered – to mix so that one part qualifies the other; to bring to a moderate state; as, to temper justice with mercy.
Similar in how they’re offered
- Exodus 30:36
- Thou shalt beat some of it very small…
- Ever think about what it takes to get something good out of something else. Shuck it, shell it, crush it, squeeze it, mash it, open it. Or ever think about what it takes to make the pieces manageable. Cut it, bite it, chew it, etc.
- Put of it BEFORE the testimony in the tabernacle…where I will meet with thee. The beaten part is put before the Lord. Sound familiar?
Similar in how they affect the LORD
- Nostalgic smells like this morning in the office.
- 2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ…
- In prayer you bring the fragrance of Jesus Christ before the Father
- Remember the last time you smelled BBQ? Creating a good aroma is big business. Between candles, perfumes, good smells have been aerosalled in sprays, plugged into wall sockets; and the God of all the universe has surrounded Himself in His throne room with sweet perfumes. Kind of like you and I do.
- Revelation 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.