- The child in whom the promise is – Isaac who is a type of Jesus Christ.
- The law – Hagar – is put in its place when the promise is come.
- And now an outsider king named Abimelech sees that God is with Abraham and wants to be close to God by being close to Abraham. Like Gentiles being included according to Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:16-18 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
- Abimelech still doesn’t trust Abraham since he’s been lied to.
- Abraham’s testimony cost him seven ewe lambs.
- Abraham looks to the LORD for fruitfulness as he wanders.
- There is a time and place that he called on the name of the LORD. He isn’t born in fellowship with God. There is a time and a place where Abraham trusts God.